• Attorney, Buenos Aires University Law School (1973).
• Public Defender before the Economic Criminal Courts in the Federal District (1975-1980).
• National Judge on Economic Criminal Law (1980-1983).
• Judge of the National Court of Appeals on Economic Criminal Law in the City of Buenos Aires (1983-1985).
• Senior Partner at Petersen, Carena & Asociados (1985-1992).
• Founding Partner at Roca & Sarrabayrouse.
• Substitute Judge of the Court of Appeals on Economic Criminal Law in Buenos Aires (years 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007).
• Former associate professor of Criminal Procedure at Buenos Aires University Law School.
• Former professor of Tax Criminal Law in the Graduate Department Buenos Aires University Law School.
• Senior professor of the Foreign Currency Exchange Criminal Law Seminar (1990), adjunct professor of the Post-Graduate Program of Economic Criminal Law (until 1997) and Director of the Post-Graduate Program on Foreign Currency Exchange Criminal Law (2009), Austral University Law School.
• Former associate professor of Economic Criminal Law at the Argentine Business University (UADE).
• Former and senior professor of Foreign Currency Exchange Criminal Law at the Buenos Aires School of Law.
• Visiting professor at the Conferences on Foreign Trade and Customs Law and at the Intensive Customs Law Post Graduate Program of Torcuato Di Tella University.
• Co-editor of a Foreign Currency Exchange Criminal Draft Bill, designated by the Argentinean Central Bank (1990-1991).
• Co-editor of the amendment draft bill regarding the criminal aspects of the Customs Law Code, designated by the Economy Commission of the National House of Representatives (1999-2000).
• Lecturer and speaker at the National Customs Law Symposium organized by the Magistrates and National Justice Officers Association (2005) and at the Third Customs Law National Congress organized by AFIP-DGA (2007).
• Panelist at the at the Foreign Currency Exchange Criminal Law Symposium organized by Argentine Central Bank (2009) and at the Fourth International Symposium on Customs Law organized by the Tax Studies Argentine Association (2011).
• Lecturer and speaker at many academic and professional associations, such as the Public Bar Association of the Federal District, the City of Buenos Aires Bar Association, the Tax Studies Argentine Association, the Buenos Aires Professional Economic Sciences Council and the Argentine Customs Agents Center.
• He has published a wide range of legal articles, chapters in books and bibliographic reviews.
Memberships and Languages
• Member and Former President of the Criminal Law and Criminal Procedure Commission of the City of Buenos Aires Bar Association.
• Member of the Public Economic Law Institute of the Public Bar Association of the Federal District.
• Charter Member of the Academic Councilor of the Tax Criminal Law Studies Argentine Center (1992-2005).
• Former President of the Argentine Institute of Customs Studies (2004-2006), of which he has been a main member since 1991.
• Active member of the Tax Studies Argentine Association.
• Member of the Banking Attorneys Committee of Argentina.
• Member the Public Bar Association of the Federal District.
• He speaks fluent Spanish and English.